What our server is about:
We're a Java server on hard difficulty. Although we have some lightweight plugins/datapacks. We try to stay as vanilla-like as possible.
Although I'm Alone features a long term map with multiple 'spawn' locations and no world border. We believe in freedom of movement and expression, encouraging players to spread out and build infrastructure.
Visual client side mods are fine. Many of our players use client mods such as Simple Voice Chat, Tweakeroo, MiniHUD, Xaeros World Map, Litematica, etc. Hack clients or mods that grant unfair advantages are obviously not allowed. Just use common sense, if it feels like cheating it probably is...
- Our server is running on PaperMC (Click here for more info)
- The server is currently hosted in North America (somewhere in the north-east in New England).
- The server is baremetal server running a headless os. The system is running on an Intel i7 7700K CPU with 64GB of DDR4 memory and 1TB of NVMe storage.
- Although I'm Alone allocates 14 - 16 GB of ram. depending on demand.
- The rest is used for the other servers in our network including An archive server featuring our past seasonal maps, a dev server for testing purposes, Outward Rift Survival, Second Terrain Anarchy, a Terraria server and more..
- We're currently working on building a new server which will feature an i7 14700k with 128 GB of ddr5 memory and 4TB of PCIe gen 4 NVMe storage. This will not be a replacement for the old server rather an expansion and where Although I'm Alone will reside.
Some things to know:
- We're a whitelist server.
Head over to our Discord server to begin the whitelist process.
- No land claims.
- Please base wisely. We use CoreProtect which allows us to rollback isolated incidents. If you've been griefed ask staff for help.
- No world border.
We feel that players should not be limited to distance. Feel free to spread out. Especially if you don't want neighbors or guests.
We occasionally clean up the map during major updates.
Chunks occupied for less than 30 seconds may be subject to removal when we inevitably do a clean up.
If a chunk is important to you. occupy it for longer than a minute or two to be safe.
- No teleports...
In-game travel is an essential aspect of the vanilla experience, promoting the creation of highway infrastructure and the use of elytra, horses, ice roads, minecarts, and more.
Note: We have multiple spawn locations with portals that link them together for fast travel. which is centered around server highways and not exclusive to anyone. ( this is on hold for now. it will happen eventually tho. )
- Vanilla diamond based economy.
Public shopping district located in the end dimension. Shopping districts are not exclusive, if you want to start your own feel free to.
- No kits.
Punch a tree. If you can't play without kits... this might not be the server for you...
- No server side world map.
(such as dynmap or bluemap. so don't ask.)
if you need a map please look into Xaeros World Map.
- Roleplaying is welcomed.
We believe in choice, and encourage players to play how they want. So if roleplaying is your thing have at it.
- Streaming is welcomed.
If you plan on streaming, please feel free to. If you don't hide your chat just let any players know you're streaming.
- PVP is by consent only.
If you engage in pvp with another player you cannot change your mind later.
- The following glitches are allowed:
- Tnt duplication in farms.
- Sand/gravel duplication using end portals.
- Carpet duplication.
- Rail duplication.
- Villager discount stacking.